Monday, November 3, 2008

What did YOU do with Your Extra Hour?

Yesterday was a special day. Many other people in many other countries had already had their day, but yesterday was mine. All mine. Ok, ours. All ours. Honestly, I don't know how many people I shared it with (I know not the Israelis or Europeans) but it felt like it was all mine. Because I woke up bright and early, fully refreshed. The sun was out and there was quiet. Serene Sunday morning quiet. And so whilst everyone else was getting in their extra hour of sleep, I started off my day the best way I know how. I got in an extra hour of knitting!

I've been pretty monogamous with my knitting lately. And while this makes for some boring blogging, it's nice to see projects getting finished. No, this does not mean I am finished with Twist and Shout. But worry not, we haven't broken up. Just taken a wee cooling off period while I have my fling with the BSJ. Isn't she hot?

Like a Rock Star!

And I got much work done yesterday.

I'd hoped to get it finished today, perhaps tomorrow. I do hope so. I am now at ridge 55 so there are only 6 more ridges to go. 12 more rows. Although I'm thinking of an I-cord bind off. Or a collar. Or both. We'll see. And I'm hoping to have something special in the button department.

In the meantime, some of you were wondering about the specs, so here they are:

Baby Surprise Jackey by Elizabeth Zimmermann
Needle: Knit Picks Options US 5 / 3.75 mm
Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock - Mediumweight
Colorway: Rock Star
Gauge: 6 sts = 1" in garter stitch
Size: 3 - 6 months

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice - love the colors!