Wednesday, November 11, 2009

An Ode to Ysolda

or Who I Spent Summer with...


If you are on Ravelry, you can't NOT know who Ysolda Teague is. But in case you aren't, or don't, let me tell you. Ysolda is a 20 something designer of the first rate. Her designs have appeared in the on-line knit 'zine Twist Collective as well as several print magazines. She has just self published her second booklet, Whimsical Little Knits 2, and has many other designs available on her site. Though I have yet to meet her personally, I did spend my summer with her in the most enjoyable way. By knitting her designs, one after the other.

In August I showed you some of Ysolda's hats I was making, though I never got around to showing you the final pic of Rose Red Redux:


And my first post back was all about Ishbel. Here are some of the other things I didn't blog about this summer:

Ice Dragon

Pattern: Snapdragon Tam
Yarn: Madeline Tosh Worsted
Fiber: wool, merino
Colorway: Iceberg
How Much: 1 hank
Needles: KP Options 4 mm and 4.5 mm





Pattern: Snapdragon flip-tops
Yarn: Madeline Tosh Worsted
Fiber: wool, merino
Colorway: Iceberg
How Much: 1 hank
Needles: KP Options 4 mm

Damson
Pattern: Damson
Yarn: Sundara Fingering Silky Merino
Fiber: 50% silk, 50% merino
Colorway: Secrets Kept
How Much: .8 hanks (400 yds)
Needles: KP Options 4 mm

Oh My, What a Lovely Cape you Have

Pattern: Emily capelet
Yarn: Madeline Tosh Worsted
Colorway: Duchess
How Much: 2 hanks
Needles: KP Options 5.5 mm
(This has been finished and blocked. I just need a good photo, so you'll be seeing this again!)

But wait, there's more. Because I still plan on making... to be continued

2 comments:

lunaticraft said...

Oh my goodness! Such beautiful things! Quite a productive summer.

Lupie said...

OMG!!! So many beautiful things I don't know where to start. The Rose Red Redux is amazing and the yarn awesome. Ice Dragon hat and mitts are so beautiful. Love the button on the mitts! The damson shawl is why I wish I could do lace and the cape is coming out super.
I love the colorway of both!