Thursday, February 5, 2009

I'm Seeing a Theme

Color is such a subjective thing. I have often wondered if anyone else sees color in the same way I do. What is it about a color that makes some people love it and leaves others totally unimpressed. What is your favorite color or color combination? When asked this question I tend answer greens and blues. The colors of the ocean and grass . And yet, upon examining my current knitting projects I have discovered an unexpected theme. Bordeaux, burgundy, garnet, jasper or whatever else you care to call it. It's there, in almost every project.

In the new Longbourn socks, in my Druid Mittens, in the languishing Charlotte's Web. The Endpaper Mitts and even in the Deck the Halls colorway I used in Leyburn, hidden amongst the pinks and reds.

I'm sure it doesn't mean anything, but it's interesting.

No comments: