Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Very Simple, Very Easy

In this crazy, muggy, hot and sticky weather I have come to accept as summer, I tend to wear my hair up. Always. It's not my most attractive look but I need that hair off my face. I have a barrette I pull out for weddings and interviews but I've been looking for an easy breezy alternative. Today I found it in Knit on the Net's latest issue, a cute and simple crochet headband called Indian Summer. Of course the weather tends to be a bit cooler across the pond, I remember many a frigid summer day. The thought of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted on my head in this NJ heat, however, is enough to make me swoon. The only wool I want near me is, perhaps, socks on a Shabbos afternoon when the air conditioning is constant. Otherwise, it's cotton, baby, cotton. And I've got lots and lots of it.

I pulled out some of this fun Summer Splash colorway and got to work. It's all single crochet but with a little twist, you crochet into the back of the stitch giving the nice ridge detail. A couple simple button holes and sew on the buttons and Bob's your uncle. All done in just a couple of hours.

still working on perfecting the self portraits...

The color is pretty bad on this one!

I just happened to have these buttons in my stash. I think they work nicely. The head band is comfortable and it seems to be staying put. I know the pattern only came out today, but I can't believe that I'm the only project in Ravelry. That's a first!

Here are the stats/mods:
Summer Splash Headband
Pattern: Indian Summer by Catherine Wilson
Hook: 4.5 mm
Yarn: Lily Sugar'n Cream Ombres & Prints
Fiber: 100% cotton
Colorway: Summer Splash

No comments: