Monday, June 30, 2008

June Showers Bring More Flowers

So while I continue to acclimate to this strange summer weather, I take consolation in two things. The heat, humidity and rain that keep me indoors are tempered by the air conditioner Mommy bought me during her recent visit. And said inclement weather allows me to sit in said air conditioning and knit in unsaid comfort. And thus my Esther socks are finished!

Though my insatiable need for socks is not letting up, I am concentrating on other projects as well. Not only is the Be My Love/Monogram pillow almost finished, I am also making headway on Arietta and the Black Project. And I've been doing a lot of staring at the Icosa Ball Pillow. A lot of staring. Perhaps if I stare at it long enough it will knit itself? Or the elves will come knit it during the night? (It is made of sock yarn...) Or perhaps it's just a motivational tool. Regardless, I'm feeling the need to get back to it. Which means I am trying to set some boundaries for the socks. No new socks until one current sock is completed. And if any current socks are missing mates I must also cast on for the second sock.

Fortunately, over the weekend I not only finished Esther but also sock one of Marie Antoinette (pictures coming soon). Being a good rule follower, I immediately cast on for the second Embossed Leaves sock.

I am pretty pleased with my Esther socks. Once again I worked some blocking magic and transformed this

to this.
And here is the photo shoot:

Esther Socks by Stephanie van der Linden
US size 10
Needle size: US 2/2.75 mm
Yarn: Sundara Sock
Colorway: Pale Sky over Sugared Violet

Mods:
toe-up with Judy’s Magic Cast On
Short row heel
Picot Edge (as pattern) EZ sewn bind off

Oh, and did I mention I also cast on for Django?

No comments: