Monday, May 5, 2008

P is for...

Persistent, perfectionist, and perplexed.

I've had a lot of time to think about my knitting and about life over the last couple of weeks. It hasn't been the easiest of times, but I am holding on. My life has been a bit like the making of this short-row heel. It was something new for me, something that wasn't going the way I thought it should and something that I just kept trying to get right. And after ripping it out the heel (not just on one sock but both on both, clever me!) five times, F.I.V.E. times, I finally got it right. At least the short-row heel part. Which, of course, gives me strength to keep on going with everything else. Just keep on trying to get it right. And eventually I will.

And doesn't that heel look gorgeous?

All that's left is the leg, and that should move pretty fast now.

And despite the fact that I really want to get back to my pile-o-WIPs, I finally cast on for a pair of Monkey socks.

Love!

Monkey truly is the anti-pool pattern. Cookie A is a genius. I knew that from looking, but now I know that from knitting. I just need to stock pile some solid sock yarn and get going...

No comments: