Friday, April 18, 2008

They Have Really Loud Birds in New Jersey

It's spring. My favorite time of the year. The sky is blue, the air is warm, the house is sparkling clean and the birds are singing. But I have to say, they sing really loud around here. Even my mom picked up on it during one of our phone calls.

This will be my last missive until Pesach is over, I'm afraid. Pesach is really a no writing, no knitting kind of time so we'll ease back into this on Monday the 28th. My goals for spring: I hope to get past this sock fever (people are starting to question my sanity on this one), finish those poor scarves that have been waiting patiently for my, finish up the wedding presents and FINALLY get back to Arietta and Jeanie!

For now I'll leave you with an FO, a WIP and some yummy stash shots.

FO: Quant-i-fiable
Pattern: Quant by Athena Star, Kitty Winter 2007
Needles: US 7 / 4.5 mm KP Harmony DPNs
Yarn: Sublime Yarns Cashmere Merino Silk Aran
Colorway: 0013 Black and 0060 Sky Blue
Mods: Base Triangle = 15 sts
Solid black with splashes of sky blue

WIP: Marigold socks
My first short row heel. Not bad, but could stand some improvement. Perhaps I'll try the same thing in my toe-up version of Esther.

Pattern: Marigold by Pamela Wynne from Flint Knits (Ravelry download)
Yarn: Hand Maiden Casbah (100g, 325 yds)
Colorway: Dandelion
Needles: 2.5 mm KnitPicks Nickel Plated 47" Circulars
Size: large (co 72 sts)
Mods: Cast on with Judy's magic cast on

Stash: Closeup on Fleece Artist
Yarn: Sea Wool
Colorway: Paris
Fiber Content: 70% merino, 30% seacell
Yardage: 382
Recommended needle size: 2.5 mm -3.25 mm

Yarn: Somoko
Colorway: Rain Forest
Fiber Content: 65% merino, 20% kid mohair, 10% nylon, 5% silk
Yardage: 355
Recommended needle size: 2.25 mm -2.5 mm

No comments: