Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Let Them Eat Sushi

It seems that birthday celebrations were superseded by Mother's Day on Sunday. But never fear. Tonight and tomorrow are my Hebrew birthday and I am indeed celebrating.

Tonight New New Roommate and two new friends took me to dinner and I had a fabulous time! When, during the planning stages, I was asked what I'd like, I was at a loss. I've been to very few restaurants since I moved here, and two were in Manhattan. So I made the obvious choice. I chose Sushi. Since this was a kosher Sushi restaurant the menu was probably a bit different than your standard. Take a look for your self at the Sushi Metsuyan Menu. I had the Rainbow Roll (Kani, avocado, cucumber with tuna, yellowtail, salmon & avocado outside) and the Peanut Crunch Roll (Peanut crunch /cucumber / mango /kani /kanpyo, seaweed outside). And they were delicious. We shared a bowl of edamame as a starter. Which is only amusing because I saw this posted over at Mochimochi Blog when I got home. And no green tea for this celebration. We shared a bottle of wine, which I really enjoyed. I've never been much of a wine drinker. That's a bit embarrassing having grown up so near to wine country. So I feel a bit redeemed, and grown up, when I really enjoyed it. But really, did you know you have to buy your own and bring it in to the restaurant? Perhaps this standard in many states but I'd never seen it before.

There were many a laugh shared and my only regret is that I didn't bring my camera. At least to photograph my lovely Sushi. Tomorrow promises to be fun as well. The Wigg-ed one (formerly known as New Roommate) is taking me out! Woo hoo. And this excursion promises to involve yarn fumes! I'll try to remember my camera.

As I ponder the last year, with all its upheaval, all it's changes, I know that I have made good decisions. Decisions that are moving me forward not keeping me back. And that ultimately I will arrive at the place I want to be. And that place may be different that I think it is. This is still a time for change, a time for growth. I still have all of my life before me and it is up to me to make the most of it. One small step, and one small change, at a time. And I am lucky to be surrounded by new people who see the craziness that is me and like me anyway. Go figure!

Tomorrow back to bloggy goodness with an overview of the changes I plan on making to the blog. And I even have something to show for myself for What's On Your Needles Wednesday.

No comments: