Monday, April 7, 2008

It Doesn't Get Much Better

Last night was New Roommate's wedding, and what a joyful event it was. I arrived before the Chuppah, I stayed until the end, and I had a wonderful time. Yes, I got quite teary during the ceremony. That was really her, going round her chassun 7 times (ok, a few more times more than 7 since she started off going the wrong way and the Mesader Kedushin had her turn around to start again!) She looked absolutely beautiful. Happy. Radiant. Just as I'd hoped.

We had gone together to the wedding we attended a few weeks ago, so this time I had to find a different ride. I was very lucky to have wonderful company on our hour+ journey to Lakewood and the time flew by. Despite being a California girl I can now boast having been to the 4 Jewish holy cities: Jerusalem, Boro Park, Monsey and Lakewood ;)

The band was wonderful and there was some great shtick. I even participated by pulling out my newest project, a pair of Esther socks, and knitting for the Kallah in the middle of the circle! Though I am not a big dancer, I did my share last night. So wasn't it a delight when I got home and was able to put on my newest FO: Oriel socks made of the softest sock yarn, Casbah, by Hand Maiden.

Pattern: Oriel Lace from Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch
Yarn: Hand Maiden Casbah (100g, 325 yds)
Content: 80% merino, 10% cashmere, 10% nylon
Colorway: Peridot
Purchased at Knitty-Noddy.com
Needles: 2.75 mm KnitPicks Nickel Plated 47" Circulars
2.5 mm for the bottom section of the foot, gusset and leg.
Gauge: 8 sts = 1 in


The colors are subtle.

The lace pattern elegant.

They cradle my foot in cushy cashmere comfort.

Really, it doesn't get much better.

No comments: