Wednesday, February 27, 2008

It's Never Too Early

Roger Vivier, Manolo Blahnik, Jimmy Choo or even 9 West, I love shoes. I love to look at them, try them on, own them (that would be more of the 9 West variety.) They are a little slice of heaven, right here on my feet. And I know I am not the only one. Many of us have the Imelda gene. It's hard to walk by a shoe store without stopping to glance in the window. The heart rate quickens, the pulse races. It is a sacred love that only fellow shoe 'shippers can understand. Though this love may be ingrained, it also needs to be nurtured, cultivated. So I say, start them young. Like birth. Cover those delicate digits in gorgeous hand knit booties. You, and they, won't be sorry.

I'm building a tiny collection of shoes to send off to baby Hodaya. A magical selection of fibers and colors that should get her through the first 6 to 12 months of her life. The newest addition are these Baby Janes.

Knit up in the Gedifra's Cashmerino, the so soft yarn will cuddle her tosies with warmth and squishy goodness. The berry color is good for day or evening wear and these booties come with matching berry buttons, set off by the elegant black strap.

Next, I am still working on the Petit Chou Slippers. Sockpixie has graciously given us this little gem for free on her website. I still have another slipper to knit up and add a bit of ribbon. It's all in the details!


These two pairs will be added to the growing collection, which already contains a pair of Sockpixie's Magic Slippers (see here or here) and half a pair of Saartje's Baby Bootees. Yes, Hodaya's feet will be shod with only the best!

No comments: