Thursday, December 13, 2007

With the Right Tools...

You can do anything! So, when last I wrote, my needles had just arrived from Hong Kong. And now, now it's done. I cast on about 11pm Monday night and knit up about 10 rows. Then next morning, on my train ride to Edison, and my subsequent wait at the station for my ride, I finished everything but the decrease rows. Then, of course, I worked my fingers to the bone with "real" work. But, when we left at 4:30 to get home for candle lighting I got a reprieve. Whilst waiting for the men folk to make it home I whipped out my WIP and decreased away. I was determined to finish it and I did. All done. And without a cable needle! I have mastered cabling without a needle. Yeah me!

Of course, by six I was back to work until about 10:30. I woke up yesterday not feeling so great and though I worked as hard as I could, I really didn't accomplish much and there wasn't as much work to be done as we had anticipated anyway. So we left the office at 6:30, a somewhat normal time and I took to my bed. I tried to knit a bit on my Peacock Picot Sock but, alas, I just couldn't do it. So now I am back home, practically writing you from my sick bed and I was all excited about giving New Roommate her hat and as I ripped my bag apart looking for it I realized, I left it in Edison! I'm supposed to go back to work in a week and a half and I guess I'll get it then which means there won't be any pictures for a while. Then again, maybe there will. My friend's daughter was so taken with the completed Unoriginal Hat that I offered to make her one. This time in Little Bunny Foo Foo colorway. I can't wait!

No comments: