Thursday, December 2, 2010

Bright is Beautiful

The sun is back out, as is the cold weather. But the rain and gray is gone. Nice. It was amazing to watch the wind in action yesterday. Nature in action is an awesome thing. And what better than to protect against wind? This season's biggest accessory seems to be the cowl, so I decided to join fun and whip one up. This took about 90 minutes to make and is squishy as it is warm!


Super bulk yarn and super big needles make a super fast knit and super squishy warmness!

I made one for my sister too, but of course no photo to be had. Imagine this in Indiecita, which is more suited to her coloring.

Marian by Jane Richmond
Yarn: Malabrigo Rasta in Abril
Needles: 15mm (US 19)

And for another spot of brightness, I snapped this in the park last week. My Laurel hat with my new Kelly Green pea coat. I picked this up from Old Navy on Black Friday for about $35.


No comments: