Friday, March 6, 2009

Going Against the Norm

I've been off schedule for so long it seems the only day I was posting consistently was Friday. Well there has been enough Stash Flashing for a while methinks. You might start thinking I am made of money. Or worse, a family member might be paying too much attention. So in honor of my returning good health and return to somewhat daily posting I have decided to skip the Friday ritual and go straight for some Sock progress pictures.

First, Longbourn Sophisticate.

I decided to stick with the pattern as written, including the short-row heel, wraps and all. It isn't the most graceful heel I have made but it isn't as bad as I thought it would be either.

Here is the sock so far. It's a little bit of a pull to get it over the heel, but once in place it fits nicely. And look, the stitches aren't bunching or pulling! I'll wait to the end to add the Lazy Daisy stitches but I think it's going to be really nice!

And another sock from the great Knitting Socks with Handpainted Yarns. This is the the Zigzag Anklet. I finally broke out the Malabrigo Sock and went to town. The colorway is Turner and I love it!

Don't think I have abandoned all my other projects! Sock 1 of Rosamond is finished.

Bless Blue Fingers tiny feet! It looks like a child sock next to my Embossed Leaves!

Both are made with Sundara Sock in the Sky colorway. I went all the way to Australia to find another hank of it. Hers is a bit darker than mine but she likes it, so that's what counts.

And yes, I do plan on finishing the pair in a somewhat normal time period.

I've already cast on for Sock 2.

1 comment:

lunaticraft said...

Amazingly beautiful. Your sock work really is amazing!