Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008 in Review

So here's what I did in 2008

I knit or crocheted:
11 pairs of socks
5 headbands
3 amigurumi toys
1 pair felted clogs
1 baby hat
7 pairs baby shoes/socks
1 BSJ
1 Cardigan
2 scarves
2 pairs mittens

I acquired
An over abundance of amazing yarn
KnitPicks Options
Magazines, Books and Downloadable patterns
49 Ravelry friends
an undisclosed number of Blog readers, which apparently includes my sister, brother-in-law and my niece and nephews.

I learned how to
Make several new cast-ons including provisional and Tubular
Kitchener stitch
Work without a cable needle
Knit both cuff down and toe up sock construction

I took the blog from weekly to somewhat daily and connected to so many more people whom, though I've never met, have become part of my daily life.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like 2008 was a good knitting year! I hope 2009 is a wonderful year for you and your family!

Elaine said...

Wow - that's terrific!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome. I mean like I'm full of awe at how much you accomplished this year. I see you changed the pic of the week.

Happy New Year

lunaticraft said...

What a productive year! Kudos to you!

Unknown said...

Amazing what you've accomplished.

Unknown said...

Good for you completing so many things.

Anonymous said...

This is tragic:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/01/13/daughter.for.sale/index.html

I sold Melinda to Dave for 10 cases of Orangine and 6 packages of tea biscuits. Now I am thinking I should have held out for some meat.