Friday, September 12, 2008

Rainy Day Blues

Yes, it has rained many times before. But this is the first rain that has been coolish. The temperature may be 66 but, thanks to the folks over at AccuWeather, I know it has a Real Feel of 59. And I believe them. This is the first rain since last winter that didn't make me sweat.

Fall is coming. I can smell it in the air. Soon there will be a reason for real knitted goods. Real socks. Real mittens. Real sweaters. I can't wait!

Even the grayish bluish tones of this Dove colorway look right today (although I'm not quite sure I captured the color.) I recently acquired this Cherry Tree Hill Supersock at a fabulous sale price from Allison at Simply Socks Yarn Company. If you haven't visited the site, it's a virtual who's who of sock yarn. And the service is fabulous.

I'm thinking this will be perfect for Mona Schmidt's Oolong, from the Twist Collective. And wait until you see the Amethyst I picked up for Livia! (Sneak preview over on the side bar.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty yarn - it will be perfect for that pattern!