Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Jumping for Joy and Landing on my Feet

When you're writing a blog, there's a fine line between what's personal and what's shareable. A balance that wants to be kept. A comfort level for both writer and reader that falls somewhere between not enough and just too much information. So you code some things for those "in the know" and you gloss over others.

There are two types of people reading this blog. Those who don't know me at all but are in for the knitting content and those who don't know knitting at all but are in for the personal content. The non-knitters put up with a lot of technical nonsense (their term, not mine) because they want to know what's going on with my life. The knitters aren't aware of the personal drama unfolding beyond the needles' reach, and perhaps they don't care, but those things certainly affect the knitting. It's a bit like two unfolding stories who sometimes meet up with each other. Today is one of those times.

Leaving Israel after 10 years was a monumental decision. One that took quite some time and was the right decision to make. New beginnings, though, sometimes take their time. After crawling through life at a snail's pace for the last year I am pleased to announce that I have finally found a full time position, starting right after Labor Day. How this will affect the knitting, I don't know. Except to say that the stringent yarn diet will be ending and the stringent food diet will finally be beginning. And for even more good news, a family friend generously GENEROUSLY GENEROUSLY gave me a jetBlue award ticket and I am going home for 10 days. I haven't been to California since the winter and am dying to see my niece and nephews. And my mom, sister, grandma, etc. Plus, I'm looking forward to seeing the ladies at the U-Knitty knit group on Sunday. And if that weren't enough I also got an unexpected graphics job that has multiplied from one banner to a banner, ad and tri-fold brochure. And much of the work must be done BEFORE I leave on Thursday. I'm so freaking busy I'm finding it hard to find a minute to knit.

And I'm only just past the halfway point on my Sockput entry in the Ravelympics.

And it must be completed before the Olympic's Closing Ceremony on Sunday!

Ornette Sock 1 (ya, lousy shot, I know...)

Ornette Sock 2


And not even at the halfway point for the July Sockdown challenge which must be finished by the end of the August!

Cross Stitch Block Sock 1


Not to mention Arietta who is thisclose to being finished.

Help!

No comments: