Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Tic Toc

goes the clock... And as I race against time to finish what I can before my mandatory knitting break next week (more on that later,) I am torn between pride with what I have accomplished, frustration with what I have yet to complete and dreams of what I'd like to achieve.

So for today, one for the accomplished tally. The Be My Love/Monogram Pillow is finished at last. With this pillow I designed a chart for the monogram making it unique; learned a new technique, an applied I-cord edge to give it a finished look; and made a lasting (I hope!) gift that will always remind the couple of their wedding day.

And here it is, captured in photos. A closeup of the I-cord edge,

The opening for the pillow (some type of closure will be added after the pillow is purchased.)

The Be My Love side

and the monogram.

Specs:
Yarn: Knit Picks Andean Silk
Amount: 240.0 yards (2.5 skeins)
Colorway: Cranberry
Fiber content: Alpaca/Merino/Silk
Needles: KP options: US 7/4.5mm

No comments: