Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Now Where Was I?

Arietta, all blocked and waiting for sleeve 2. I cast on this morning...

but didn't get too far.

And with that same need to reach completion, I cast on for sock 2 of Marie Antoinette. And was just as successful with my progress.

Remember that passenger knitting I did last night? Two more pattern repeats resulted (lousy color, really need to photograph these in the light of day!)

And a baby's birth finally gave the push I needed to start with the practice socks from Cat Bordhi's New Pathways for Sock Knitters. Hard to find washable worsted in this house, but after some rummaging I came across a few odd balls of some TeDdy's Wool Merino that I brought back from Jerusalem.

Little Coriolis came out bigger than expected, rather for a two year old than baby.

So I went with the Colinette Jitterbug for Little Sky. Dropped needle size to 3.5 mm and added a couple of rows in the foot. The color is a little dark to see the sockatecture.

It's been interesting working with these and watching the socks develop. They don't seem to have a natural foot shape to me when done and definitely need a foot (or stuffing) to make them look right. I will definitely make the mates and carry on with the practice socks. Little Sky doesn't really appeal but I do like the adult size Bartholomew's Tantalizing Socks. And I've had my eye on Coriolis for a while. Next up will be the Cedar architecture. I'll keep you posted...

No comments: