Friday, July 18, 2008

"Little" Knowledge is a Good Thing

Good things come in little packages. And knowledge is always good. "Little" knowledge is not always a dangerous thing! Beyond the genius of new sockitectures, Cat Bohrdi was also generous enough to give is little training socks to wrap our brains round first. I've had New Pathways for Sock Knitters, Book One for months. I've looked through it over and over again. I may not have stuck it under my pillow, but I have been behaving like someone who thinks they could conquer something new through osmosis. Not me at all. In fact it's more like me to dive right in, come what may, and make sense of the whole thing. And yet something kept me from casting on. It took the birth of Azriel Yaakov to get me to get on with it.

A couple of days ago I posted my pics of my first Little Sky and Little Coriolis. And now sock 2 is finished and ready for a photo shoot. The apricot may be better suited to a little girl, and really this isn't baby size.

Little Coriolis by Cat Bordhi
New Pathways for Sock Knitters, Book One
Needles: KP Options US 6 / 4.0 mm
Yarn: TeDdy's Wool Merino (100% superwash)
Colorway: Tangerine


It looks like Azriel Yaakov will receive something else, but I am no longer afraid to go ahead and make some Spiraling Coriolis or Bartholomew's Tantalizing Socks. And I will go ahead with all the other Little Socks. And then I'll be off in search of the next challenge.

No comments: