Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow

That's it folks. Tomorrow morning I return to the gloom of winter that I call home. Not much happened today, although I finally got some alone time with my mom. Now it's just about packing and getting ready to go. There won't be any post tomorrow but look out for some pictures, FINALLY, on Friday.

Although there isn't much to write about knitting or visiting, I would like to take this opportunity to sen out a thank you and a make a short Public Service Announcement/Yarn Contest.

First the thanks. Right before my departure I won a comment contest. My prize had not yet arrived to photograph and I forgot to mention it. Christy, over at Having a Hissyknit had a favorite yarn contest. And I won. Two skeins of either Andes or Mission Falls 1824. I should know when I get home! What yarn did I enter? Why Hand Maiden's Mini Maiden, the very yarn I am using for Jeanie. Ahhhhh.

And now for the PSA/Contest.

My sister, doer of many good deeds as well as mother extraodinare, has decided to participate in this year's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. The following is taken from an email she sent out about the event.

...This year, an estimated 40,000 women will die from the disease. Breast cancer takes another life every 14 minutes. Another woman is diagnosed with breast cancer every 3 minutes. An estimated three million women are living with breast cancer. One million of them don't yet know it.

As part of the event, I have pledged to raise money. People can make donations on ym behalf, so that I can reach my fundraising goal. With the donations raised, the Avon Foundation will provide support and resources for women affected by this terrible disease. This will help so many people in our own community and throughout the country. Any amount you can give is great.

It is faster and easier than ever to support this great cause - you can make a donation online by simply clicking on the link at the bottom of this message. Whatever you can give will help! I truly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my progress.

Thank you for supporting me always, but especially in this challenge; you really do make a difference.

Click HERE to visit her personal page.

Need more of an incentive? For every $5 donation you make, we will enter your name into a drawing for 3 balls of Peaches & Creme or Sugar'n Cream. There will be two winners (3 balls each!) and I'll even give you a choice of colors from my very large stash of the stuff. (No, that's not up on Ravelry but trust me there are lots of colors.) Just follow the link above and in the personal note section, write in "Tante J Yarn Contest." I will also be adding a button when I get home. The walk will take place the weekend of July 12 & 13, so the contest will remain open until that time. Names will be drawn randomly by S & T. The drawing will take place July 14, the day after the walk.

No comments: