Tuesday, August 21, 2007

HoJo Says Hi

Greetings from the Howard Johnson's in Clifton, New Jersey. Arrived safe and sound. Found temporary lodgings, a sublet for the next two months, and all is well. No phone service (can you believe it!) but the place is wired up for WiFi (can you wire up wireless?) so I just need to get a wireless card for the computer and we'll be good to go. And find a good cell phone plan!

Tonight was lots of fun. Went to a sheva brachas at my cousin's new house and got reacquainted with two great "girls" I met last summer. The bride was actually one of my first roommates in Jerusalem. It was a great barbecue in the lovely New Jersey rain. What can I say. I guess we're not in California any more!

The packing went well. I took little knitting breaks and managed to finish Arietta's back, get my packing done and get to bed by about 2:30 a.m. Woke up at about 6:45 and did the last minute bits before leaving for the airport. Got in lots of work on a sleeve then saw that I had forgotten some increases along the way so ripped back, oh about 20 rows. Fortunately I made for most of it before the plane landed.

So, that's about it for now. Moving in to new place tomorrow. Doing some essential shopping, etc. and then hope to enjoy a few days with my mom. Come Thursday morning, Manhattan look out!

No comments: