Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My Favorite Peeps

Once upon a time, in a different life really, I worked in theatre. One of my favorite productions during a season of summer rep, was Thorton Wilder's Pulitzer Prize winner, By The Skin of Our Teeth. In the first act there, which takes place during an impending ice age, the family bird was a pterodactyl. I became obsessed with pterodactyls for years after that. Someone in the props shop even sewed me one for opening night. It was pink satin with purple and black paisley wings. Hmm, I wonder if it's still in my mom's garage... But I digress...


I was lucky enough to have a special visit with my sister, brother in law, and the three little people who call me Tante. They were in NJ visiting his family and I lucked out with a visit of my own. We spent the day at the Natural History Museum and when I saw this,

well I had to take a photograph!

These remains were found right here in NJ at the base of the GW bridge!

This display really called out to me. I loved the ancient jewelry but also the play of earth tones against the Agean blue background.
My sister and the two oldest looking at skeletal remains.
And lastly, my favorite peeps!
I did look for the knitting but, shockingly, neither prehistoric animals or Native Americans knit!






No comments: