Thursday, November 25, 2010

Hats, Revisited

The weather has cooled off enough for me to start wearing my hats on a regular basis. And, in between sweaters, I plan on making more. They are a nice, quick knit, adding style and flair to an otherwise boring jacket.

During my walk in the park, I decided to take a few self portraits showing off some old favorites.

Ice Dragon (Snapdragon by Ysolda Teague)


Rose Red Redux (Rose Red by Ysolda Teague)


The Sanity Hat (Meret Beret by Wooly Wormhead)


Breiwick (Breiwick by Gudrun Johnson


And this old chestnut, which had been relegated to the back of my closet:


Odessa (Odessa by Grumperina)

There are a couple more hats I'd like to re-shoot, and one I'd like to remake completely. Verity, another winner by Ysolda Teague, has always been a bit too big. But now, with the new hair, I resemble the Pillsbury Dough Boy!

And of course there will be new hats to make and wear. This new hair is VERY hat friendly!

No comments: