Tuesday, January 19, 2010

One

I've become a little hat obsessed lately. The cold New Jersey winters can do that to you. And the walking. Lots of walking going on around here...


In the need of something bright and sunshiny, I cast on for Lisa's and Katie's Berets with this gorgeous single ply, aran weight from Impulse of Delight in the echinacea colorway. I not only cast on, I actually finished it. Alas, it was HUGE! So I've frogged the whole thing and will try again with fewer stitches. But I had to show you this WiP photo because just looking at the colors made me smile.

Then there was Relm. I'm die-hard Jared Flood fan and have been waiting to work on this. But I have learned my head. And my hair. And I knew this wasn't going to be for me. It was just right, though, for Mimi's Mommy.

Of course, I have learned my lesson when it comes to Mr. Flood's patterns. Go down a needle size. The man is a very tight knitter!

Relm by Jared Flood
published in Knit.1 / Winter 2008
yarn: Berroco Blackstone Tweed
amount: approximately 200 yds (1.5 balls)
needles: 4.0 & 4.5 mm
mods: smaller needle size, one less repeat than pattern indicates and as you can see, it's plenty slouchy!

And for me. A little something to go with my Shabbos coat. Black with a very large plaid like brown. I'll have to take a photo of it, but for now - Breiwick. Love!



Breiwick by Gudrun Johston
yarn: Madlinetosh Tosh Worsted in Violin
amount: approximately 200 yds (less than 1 ball)
needles: 3.5 & 4.5 mm
mods: none

2 comments:

Yona said...

Hooray! You're back in blogland!
Beautiful hats!!!

Yona said...

Hooray! You're back in blogland!
Beautiful hats; gorgeous yarns!