Sunday, August 23, 2009

Nearing the Zero Hour

My time here is slipping away. I now look around with a hint of sadness knowing I am saying goodbye to my family once again. Perhaps for another year...


I had a great time at the cabin. Even took a few pictures which I hope to post once I get home. My dad's cabin was much less rustic than expected and I especially loved my bedroom. The bed was the most comfortable I had ever slept in and a work of art as well. It came up to my shoulders and I had to climb a couple of steps to get up there. (Yes I took a picture!) The property has work to be done, which is what my dad wanted, so I look forward to seeing the progress the next time I come back.We visited several little cities/towns near Pioneer like Sutter Creek, Amador, Volcano and Pine Grove. They all had cute little shops and we just wandered around them. My dad had noticed a little yarn store in the Pine Grove and we decided to stop in and see what they had. 95% acrylic as expected. But there was also Cascade: 220, Superwash, Luna and Sierra. And most excitingly the owner had just brought in some Pagewood Farms Yukon and Denali that I picked up for an incredible price. Seriously!

We went walking around during the day and at night we watched a video (yes video, as in VCR!). There is no television reception so they've acquired a decent sized collection of videos from thrift stores. As the honored guest I got to choose and while we watched Breakfast at Tiffany's I finished Milkweed. I added 6 extra rows since I had the yarn, and got a bit more width out it. I haven't blocked it yet, waiting until I get back home to my blocking wires, but I think it's beautiful! I even got in some time on Clapotis and my Melody Shawl (more to come on that one!)

Thursday evening finished with a visit with my grandmother and then back to my mom's house. Friday morning a successful foray into the City and, finally, some decent shopping. Macy's One Day Sale was announced for today, which was of course off limits. Fortunately their Preview started Friday. In fact, according the receipt, I saved over $600. Everything was about 75% off and with an additional 25% coupon, so I'm good for a while!

So all that's left this evening is to install some software on my mom's computer, pack and put away all my kitchen stuff. Tomorrow I am having coffee with my cousin, meeting up with the Mill Valley Knitting group until 12, finishing up anything that needs finishing at my mom's and then it's off the spend the afternoon and evening at my sister's, including babysitting the kids for a couple of hours. My flight isn't until late so I plan on making the most of the day.

The next time I post will be from my home computer. Hopefully with pictures!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, you - it's been since August - we are all overdue for an update - knitting or any other kind...let's go...

Yona said...

Hey! You made it back to blogging! Really glad to see it.