Thursday, June 4, 2009

Sushi Makes Me Happy

Tonight we celebrated my (belated) birthday by going to eat one of this world's two perfect foods. The thought of sushi makes me smile. Actually getting to eat it makes my day. Rainbow Roll, California Roll and a bowl of Edamame. I was happy, happy indeed. Though many were invited, few were able to attend; life just got in the way. One even got waylaid by a fender bender on her way to the restaurant! Still, no reason for disappointment. I was happy to share one of my favorite foods with some of my favorite people: the Wigged One, who managed not to go into labor at the restaurant, Blue Fingers and our own dear Cheerleader, who bless her, will have nothing to do with nori let alone fish, cooked or raw. That was my evening. Nutritious, delicious, and lots and lots of fun!

You may be wondering what the second perfect food is. That's easy. Cholent.

1 comment:

Zel, The Grimm Witch said...

I look forward to sushi for days in advance!:) Happy Belated:)