Monday, January 5, 2009

And the Winner is...

...or ARE as the case may be. Two years ago today I started this blog. It has grown, evolved and hopefully gotten better. I have striven to make projects more that are increasingly more complex, more challenging and more exciting. I hope I continue to do so. I have also worked to make the blog more interesting, visually and in my writing. I thank you all for your comments. They were indeed quite helpful, however I do reserve the right to implement those that think are right. At least, right for now.

Your comments are important to me, not just as a fan meter, but as a means of communication. The writing transcends a journal and becomes a conversation when I know what you are thinking. However, at the present I still can't answer back. And as I wrote recently, I don't like that at all. Some of my favorite bloggers are those that I feel I have some kind of give and take with. Those that reply back to my comments, even if it's to say "thanks" or "good idea" or to just give me encouragement. Therefore, one of my goals for 2009 is to switch over to another host, one that requests email address so I can communicate back with you. My knitting goals I'll share tomorrow.

So now, the contest winners.

Most Amusing goes to Elaine, and per her poem, she receives the Lang Mille Colori

I'd also be happy,
I have to admit,
If I won the Lang,
For showing wit.


Most Helpful/Constructive Carla, for suggesting I leave my comfort zone and show up for a photo call. I'm working on it! The Cascade 220 is yours.

The random winner was decided by taking all the names, dumping them into excel and assigning each a number. Using the Random Integer Generator I got one number.



And number 23 was Trudy. I hope you truly are amused! You've got the Ranco coming your way.

If the three of you want to email at tantejATgmailDOTcom, with your addresses, I'll start working on getting your packages out!

And since it is my Knitting Blogiversary, I would be remiss if I didn't have some knitting content. Behold, color 2 of my Charlotte's Web.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for picking me. I'm glad you found my suggestion helpful - and you'll be terrific at modeling your projects. Really.

I will e-mail my address info next.
I'm so glad I stopped to peak tonight before going to bed.

By the way, I absolutely LOVE the colors of the shawl so far. It's going to look fabulous. Maybe you'll inspire me to knit one. But first I'm going to use the Cascade to knit some felted clogs that I've been dying to try.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I definitely need to make that shawl. Um, how many stitch markers are you going to wind up using?

lunaticraft said...

Oh man, that shawl is going to be beautiful!

Turtle said...

congrats ladies! the web is looking cool with the color combos!

Elaine said...

The shawl looks amazing so far. I just love the color progression.

And thanks for selecting my entry!

Balkan Style Bloggers said...

The absent email address in blogger bugs me too to no end. I've waffled about switching hosts, but realistically I am too lazy to actually do it. Happy 2 years!

Balkan Style Bloggers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.