Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Life is Always Better when the Sun Shines

But then there'd be no reason for these:

Endpaper Mitts by Eunny Jang

Moving along quite nicely now. The Cheerleader has been quite patient, waiting for these. I had some interesting experiences with my first foray into stranded knitting...

Druid Mittens by Jared Flood

My Druid Mittens also seem to be moving nicely as well. I think this new yarn is a better fit. I've made it through my first bobbles without the yarn breaking. Now lets see if I can get the through the cable process without screwing it up. If I can get through that I'll know I'm on my way!

(Twist & Shout is thisclose to be being finished! I managed to finally cast on the right number of stitches, from the correct side. Now it's just a matter of knitting endless rows of ribbing, with occasional increases. I've set myself a five row minimum per evening and it seems to be working. I'm now at row 12. Only 27 more to go!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am loving those endpapers! and the matching needles and yarn :)

Lupie said...

First Fair Isle Project! Your are doing super!
I have wanted to do the broolyntweed mittens. The color is beautiful. Knit picks has a great charts keeper that is very helpful.
I love cables bobbles not so much.