Thursday, October 16, 2008

Enough Already!

There was a reason I started writing daily. And it wasn't just to increase readership, which is a good thing because I'm not sure if it did. No, the main reason I started writing daily was to make sure I would write consistently. It's hard to come back from these long breaks, and the longer they are the tougher it is. And this Holiday thing has made it very difficult to write. Plus, besides the pressure I get from the Cheerleader to find something else to talk about (BTW the link to the Endpaper Mitts is working again,) you can now add the daily requests for updates from Mr Frik (of work's Dynamic Duo, Messrs Frik and Frak.) Clearly the time has come to get my act together. So though the Holidays all fall on weekdays this year, sandwiched between Shabbos, as it were, and there hasn't been much time to write, let alone do anything else, I have managed to get some knitting whenever I can. And crocheting. Oh, and maybe a wee bit of stash enhancing. Ok, maybe a wee bit more that a wee bit; this paycheck thing went to my head a little. Of course there's no need to join a 12 Step program. Yet.

Much of yarn, though certainly not all, was bought with specific projects in mind. Like some STR medium weight for a couple of Baby Surprise Jackets (Rav link), some new Classic Elite Fresco for the long awaited Anemoi (Rav link), enough limited edition LL Shepherd Multi in Amy's Vintage Office to make the Jojoland Swirl Shawl (Rav link) and a few other bits and bobs that will surface in due course. But there has also been some glorious stash buying just because. Like the first installment of my Season's subscription arriving on my doorstep last weekend. I also have some exciting new gadgets to share with you, like the Knit Klip's I purchased to help me finally seam up Arietta and some Pattern Tamers from Scout's Swag. Yes all of this I will show you in due course.

So while I work out what to show, when to show it and what non yarn related tidbits to share with you, I'll have you know there is some progress on Twist & Shout which I loudly proclaimed I was going to make. And make it I am.

I've gone from a box of yarn and all its endless Malabrigo goodness potential

To almost the half way mark of a real garment. The back is done.

As is the Right Front.

The Left Front is on the needles and progressing nicely. The lighting has been a little hard to get right, Mother Nature isn't helping much. I'm hoping the final photos will show off the colors a bit better. I think that middle shot is the closest.

But there IS more to me than knitting. On the crochet front Little Lamby is almost finished and Boteh is just moving along. Two October birthday presents almost ready to make their respective ways to California. But you'll have to wait a bit to see them. And as to other interesting things in my life. I'm working on it. Anyway, I have to hold something back if I am going to get back on schedule! (BTW next Tuesday and Wednesday are Holidays again, so don't expect true daily writing until the week after...)

No comments: