Friday, June 20, 2008

Another Winning Combination

The dyers at ShiBui Knits have got it going on. I've a growing wish list of the yarns I'd like to acquire. Orchid, which is already mine, was high on the list. I could stare at it for hours.

And yet, I feared for what it might look like all knit up. ShiBui means "elegant with a touch of bitterness" in Japanese. And it was that bitterness that I was looking for. A little sharpness to temper the sweet. Perhaps some Wasabi?

Together they achieve balance, harmony, and hopefully some gorgeous socks.

Alas ShiBui Knits does not sell it's yarn directly to the public. But that's OK. I got mine from Sonny and Shear, a fabulous, friendly and customer service oriented on-line source for your yarn needs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous yarn - they look great together!