Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Carded. Seriously!

Thursday I woke up with a tickle in my throat. Friday it was sore and I got rained on. Friday night it poured. Shabbos day I was coughing but trying desperately not to alarm my hosts. Motzei Shabbos I was in bed, had gone through a box of Kleenex but couldn't sleep all night. Sunday I had no voice and no Kleenex. I was desperate. I managed to get dressed and get to Rite Aid. I called D to get recommendations for drugs. I settled on DayQuil and NyQuil and more Kleenex and went to pay. Then I got carded. Seriously. And to make it worse, my driver's license was out of state. They didn't want to accept it. For NyQuil. Seriously. I begged. I believe the tears glistened in my eyes as I croaked "I just want some NyQuil. Please!" The manager finally bypassed the system and the DayQuil, NyQuil and Kleenex and I made it home. I slept. Finally. Monday I still couldn't talk. Tuesday was a bit better and I was using less Kleenex. Today I got dressed and returned to Rite Aid for a cough suppresent/expectorant my mom said to try. I think it is working. I can get through most of a conversation before I start coughing or wiping my nose. Of course when I think about getting carded I start laughing. And choking. Seriously.

No comments: