Thursday, August 2, 2007

Who Needs Helen of Troy

Ooh, look, pictures. Pretty. Can I touch them? Ok, maybe that's a bit extreme but I am just trying to share the goodness that is my NEW COMPUTER. Is it perfect? No. Does it do what I want it to do? Not yet. But we're getting there. S...L...O...W...L...Y. I say that's better than not getting there at all. By the end of next week I should have all my software in place and then it's back to blogging goodness. So for now, enjoy the show and catch up with me as we take a quick romp through the last couple of months.

First, NY. It wasn't a sight seeing kinda of trip so all I really have are some pics from the aquarium at Coney Island and though it wasn't Monterey (see you New Yorkers, we Californians can get a bit snooty too!) it was fun hanging with my cousin and family.

Ok, so I'm not so into sharks, but honestly these are much prettier and they know how to stay still and smile for the camera.

Next, my City by the Bay...

The Golden Gate Bridge (taken from Sausalito)

Alcatraz
Coit Tower

The last two were taken from my Grandma's balcony. Talk about a room with a view.

Next, just some fun stuff to show off, cause, why not???
My sister's birthday card. I say give them what they want, and if she wants to be Queen of the Universe, who am I to stop her? Besides, she's blond with blue eyes. Ya, it looks just like her.
Now you make think this is silly, but these are my new little J stickers. Mommy brought them back from a grocery run. On her way out she asked if I needed anything and I said just to bring me a surprise.

Here's a good one. It's a photo of one of my most prized possessions (well, that and my OED, but I doubt you want photos and stories about a dictionary!) I have no idea why I left it behind for all those years, maybe because it was already hanging up on the wall. Anyway there is a little story that goes with this. Those of you who know me know I have a pretty good memory, especially for detail. So one day I have this flashback to when I was about 4 or so. I recalled being taken to the flower show at the Hall of Flowers in Golden Gate Park and that Grandma had sewn a wedding dress for the bridal fashion show. I remembered how the hall looked, the wonderful smell of it and that the dress had daisies on it. I think I even got a little bouquet that we kept fresh in the refrigerator. Wanting to make sure I hadn't imagined it, I asked Grandma. Well not only was my memory accurate but the dress she had sewn had been designed by none other than Academy Award winning costume designer, Edith Head. And she still had the design illustration, if I would like it. If I would like it?!? Now you can enjoy it too.


And finally, my projects. Yes, I have been working and now I have the proof!

Arietta
Sleeve

Back

Argosy, again (again, again, again...) I modified again. Whilst the pattern calls for 5 squares wide, it was a bit narrow for my taste. So I modified and made this one with 9 squares wide. Too wide for me. So here I am with 7, in the color way I like most, and this one is for me!

Here is a lame attempt to take a picture a la Yarn Harlot at the Marin Shakespeare production of The Complete Works of William Shakespeare, (Abridged). It was a pretty good production and we some good laughs. Shakespeare and I go way back, and I especially enjoyed the second act, dedicated to Hamlet. The play's the thing... and Argosy enjoyed the fresh air.


And finally my little Kitty Kat. She is still missing an arm, tail, face and stuffing, but she's already pretty cute.
And that's it folks. Sunday is the long awaited SF Yarn Crawl. Should be pictures and hi-jinx aplenty. See you then.

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi! Your Arietta is looking just fabulous! (I still like your colors better.) Glad to see you're up and running again with the new computer. Nice Argosy, I think the little kitty is looking pretty cute too!

Anonymous said...

Sunday morning hi-jinx? Bring 'em on!

Samantha Earl said...

We enjoyed meeting you on the yarn crawl today! Welcome back to the Bay!

Anonymous said...

Whoa.. so many pictures... so much stuff... I'm jealous :)

Anonymous said...

It's Tuesday in Israel and still no Sunday morning hi-jinx and adventures to show?!?!?!?!

Orlop =) said...

what's a Sunday morning, hi-jinx ?