Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Big Girls Don't Cry

Well, sometimes they do. Like when I read this blog post from Knit Lit. And I finally learned what Capecho stands for: cape and poncho. Oh NO!!! It is not my imagination that this thing is huge. The collar will NOT pull it all together. What's a girl to do. Seriously. I guess it's time to rip the whole thing out and decide whether or not to remake it smaller. Perhaps use smaller needles too. Oh Boo Hoo, Boo Hoo. VK has some serious splaining to do!!!

added several hours later
OK, I've done some more research on the matter, after froging my second sleeve. (Oh, so impatient I have become.) I found this blog post from mya finari posts, whose Capecho came out just right. How? We all know it's in the collar. The directions say the collar/body ratio is 1:1 but Amy reworked hers as 1 row of collar to 2 stitches of body on every second pentagon. So I haven't given up hope yet. I am back to fixing the sleeves and then to start working the collar which I will attach as I go.

Keep you posted.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you tell me where you got the pattern for the Backyard Leaves scarf? I love it!
Thanks,
Susan
tuscola1tx@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Yeah it is kind of scary knitting the capecho since it is so hard to tell if it is turning out well.

Basically I did one of collar and then one of main piece, then one of collar and 2 of the main piece and repeated that to the end. It made it about 6 inches shorter in the collar which is tighter than their photo but at least it didn't fall around my shoulders anymore.

It is still a looseish hanging garment but wearable.

You might want to check out Ishi's version. She did half pentagons so that there are no flaps on the sides. Kind of wish I thought of that too!

Love the color you are using for yours! Hope it works out for you.

Tracy Purtscher said...

So glad things are working out for you! That blog you found using the 1:2 ratio looks like a winner.

I learned the hard way (MANY times before it actually sunk in) that it never hurts to goggle a project before I start it. (although I still get carried away sometimes! lol)

Tante J said...

Hi Amy,

I would have given up if I hadn't found your blog! I sent you an email to your account, in the meantime, thanks again!